Sunday, August 8

Children

Yesterday was my son's birthday. Naturally my siblings slept over and now after helping me clean my house they have started to play guitar hero. I hear my son say "No no we should do rock & roll all night". I love guitar hero because it has kid friendly music and they actually enjoy playing and singing along. I hate to hear my sister sing "I
 kissed a girl and I liked it!"
I much rather hear "I... wanna rock & roll all night... and party everyday". I don't even turn the radio on in my car when they are in it because its disturbing to hear them singing along to the most lewd songs with the catchiest beats.

I can't imagine what music will be like when these 10 & 11yr olds are teenagers. I know I will try my hardest to mix it up for them and expose them to all sorts of music... new and old.

No comments:

Post a Comment