Saturday, July 31

Being a Mom

I've helped raise kids all my life. To be more accurate, I raised 4 of 9 of my siblings for the first portion of their lives. Occasionally they will tell me they remember when I used to do this or that to or for them. My mom was a baby making machine and was always pregnant it seems. I am 7 years older than the next in line and can remember from a very young age hearing my mom yell for Tums and milk. There is no more than a 2 year gap between the children. Their current ages are 14, 13, 11, 10, 8, 7, 5, 4, 2. By the time I was in high school I was getting them up and ready in the mornings, taking them to school, picking them up, helping with homework, cooking dinner, baths, and bedtimes. I felt like a mom. I've had stress far too long. Now I know how to de-stress play with my children.

I met my Hus  and somewhere along the line we moved in together. Shortly after we had his son full-time. I fell in love with him and cared for him like if he was mine. I was there for a lot of important moments. His first tooth falling out, kindergarten, 1st grade, and now second grade. We had a baby together and my sons get along so well. I love being a mom. There cant be a greater joy. Just seeing them smile or laugh tickles me. This is completely different then raising my siblings. This love is different. It touches a part of my soul that nothing else ever has. If my sons are sad I feel it. My youngest son is turning one soon and my oldest is now 7 I cant believe it.

In the blink of an eye they grew. In the blink of an eye they will be adults. I have to watch out and cherish every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment